Thursday, November 22, 2012

Artist of the Month December 5th Wed




Our December 5th Artist of the Month is Molly Sotherden. Please come join us for a free meet, greet and show of her artistry.

.
Molly's biography is very interesting:
 One of her only clear memories from the 8th grade field trip to Washington, D.C. was the moon rock stained glass window in the National Cathedral. Five years later, my college years were filled with a fine arts degree, and an emphasis on stained glass design and creation.  After graduating summa cum laude, I was hired on at one of the big stained glass studios in the Pittsburgh area, and worked for several years as a designer and conservator of stained glass windows of all sorts and all reputations.  When the economy started to fall apart (it started happening in the stained glass industry in the months after 9-11), I was laid off.  I have more than my fair share of stubborn, and decided to open my own studio in the midst of the worst economy since the Depression.  A healthy dose of stubborn, doing what I love, and a disgustingly overdeveloped work ethic has kept me in business since.